Valium -GENERIC- 5mg
Composition for Valium 5mg Tablet
Primarily used for
Short term anxiety, Epilepsy, Muscle spasms
Valium 5mg Tablet; Uses/Benefits and Side-Effects
Overview of Medicine:
Valium 5 MG Tablet is medicine advised to treat the anxiety disorders, alcohol withdrawal symptoms and muscle spasms. It belongs to the group of benzodiazepine drugs. It acts in a manner which increases the effect of neurotransmitter gamma-Amino butyric acid in the body which helps in calming the nerve cells in the brain. It is further one of the effective medicine used in combination with other drugs to treat seizures. It consist of Diazepam as an active ingredient. It can be taken from the mouth, or inserted into the rectum, injected into a muscle, or injected into a vein. It is manufactured by Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
The Valium 5mg is used to treat, control and improve the conditions associated with the following conditions or symptoms:
• Management of anxiety disorder
• Adjunct treatment for muscle spasms
• Relief of alcohol withdrawal symptoms
• Adjunct therapy for seizures
• Valium 5mg Tablet also prescribed for other purposes not listed above here.
It can be taken by mouth or can be inserted into the rectum, or injected into the muscles, or injected into the vein.
Some of the necessary cautions need to be taken care before using the drug are as follows:
• When taking Valium for the condition of insomnia and anxiety, then it should never be used more than four weeks.
• It may cause sleepiness or drowsiness so don’t drive or use machinery.
• Avoid taking alcohol in the use of Valium as it may cause some severe side effects
• Consult with your medical assistance if you are pregnant and planning to conceive or breastfeeding before using the drug.
• Inform your doctor well in advance regarding your health and medical history of any kidney or liver problems or any allergies from diazepam.
• The addiction of Valium tablet is also very high and Do not stop using this drug as it may cause withdrawal effects like convulsions, behavioral disorder, tremor, and anxiety.
Valium 5 MG Tablet may also cause some of the unwanted effects to the users. In such instance, you need to seek medical attention on an immediate basis. This is not a comprehensive list of side effects provided here so therefore kindly consult your doctor, in case you experience any adverse reaction from the drug.
Common side effects: Vertigo, Drowsiness, Headache, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Depression, Irritability, Slurred speech, Constipation
Rare or severe side effects: Unsteady walk, Agitation, and anxiety, Decrease in frequency of urination. Skin Rash, Double vision, Indigestion